Collection of Information: We aim to collect, use and disclose only such information as is required to enable us to manage your account, to provide the Services, to maintain our customer/visitor lists, to respond to your inquiries or provide feedback, for identification and authentication purposes, for service improvement and management. We will only use information for the purposes for which we have collected it (subject to the exclusions and disclosures we have listed below), unless you agree that we may disclose it to other third parties.
“Personal Information” is personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, credit card information, birth date and gender. At the time of collection, we will clearly identify the information being collected and the purposes for which it will be used. It is always your choice whether or not to provide Personal Information but if you choose not to provide certain requested Personal Information, in some instances you may not be able to register to use the Website or be able to access and use the Website at all. In other instances, your choice not to provide certain other Personal Information may mean that you will not be able to use certain features of the Website. We may collect Personal Information in respect of the Website through registration processes; communications with you; information downloads; service use; service purchases; user support; and surveys.
“Non-Personal Information” is information of an anonymous nature, such as the domain used to access the Website, and the type and version of browser or operating system being used by visitors to the Website. Aggregate information, such as demographic statistics of our users (e.g. average age or geographical allocation of our users), number of visitors, what pages users access or visit, and average time spent on the Website. Business contact information such as the name, title, business address, e-mail address, or telephone number of a business or professional person or an employee of an organization is not considered Personal Information.
Use of Information: We collect information for the following purposes:
Registration: In order to register for our Services you must provide certain Personal Information to us such as your full name, address, email address, username, Facebook account, Twitter account, LinkedIn, and/or Google+ account. In general, none of your account registration information will be shared with any other users of the Website or our Services. When you sign up for the Services using your Facebook, Twitter and/or Google+ account, Facebook, Twitter and/or Google+ will share certain information with us such as your username, photo (if provided), and contact list. Your username and photo (if provided) will be visible to others if you make your profile public.
Event Ticket Purchases: If you purchase tickets for events using EventShop’s payment processor, EventShop will collect your credit card information at the time of payment. If you purchase tickets for an event that has a public list of attendees, your name and social media account which you used to register for the Services will be made public on the attendee list.
Marketing Communications: If you opt-in to receive communications from us, we will keep you up to date on our products and services. You may withdraw your consent to receiving marketing communications from us at any time by following the opt-out instructions in each communication, or by contacting us. EventShop will not send any marketing communication to ticket purchasers unless such ticket purchasers independently opt-in to receive such communications from EventShop.
Statistics: We also collect statistics about use of the Services purchased through the Website. This information will be kept confidential, however, aggregate statistics that do not personally identify an individual will be kept by us and such aggregate statistics may be made available to other members or third parties.
Your IP address is reported by your web browser whenever you visit a page on the Website. This information is recorded together with your registration information on our databases.
Our business partners include:
System integrators; and
From time to time we may employ third parties to help us improve the Website and/or the Services. These third parties may have limited access to databases of user information solely for the purpose of helping us to improve the Website and/or the Services and they will be subject to contractual restrictions prohibiting them from using the information about our members for any other purpose.
Important Exceptions: We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your consent if we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other Website members, other users of the Services, or anyone else (including the rights or property of anyone else) that could be harmed by such activities. We may disclose Personal Information when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is required by and in accordance with the law.
Security: The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We use commercially reasonable efforts to store and maintain your Personal Information in a secure environment. We take technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security steps designed to protect Personal Information that you provide to us. We have implemented procedures designed to limit the dissemination of your Personal Information to only such designated staff as are reasonably necessary to carry out the stated purposes we have communicated to you.
In certain areas, such as when you provide credit card or other payment information to us, the Website works to help protect the security of your credit card and other payment information during transmission by using industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology.
You are also responsible for helping to protect the security of your Personal Information. For instance, never give out your email account information for the Services to third parties password.
Access and Accuracy: You have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you in order to verify the Personal Information we have collected in respect to you and to have a general account of our uses of that information. Upon receipt of your written request, we will provide you with a copy of your Personal Information although in certain limited circumstances, we may not be able to make all relevant information available to you such as where that information also pertains to another user. In such circumstances we will provide reasons for the denial to you upon request. We will endeavor to deal with all requests for access and modifications in a timely manner.
We will make every reasonable effort to keep your Personal Information accurate and up-to-date, and we will provide you with mechanisms to update, correct, delete or add to your Personal Information as appropriate. As appropriate, this amended Personal Information will be transmitted to those parties to which we are permitted to disclose your information. Having accurate Personal Information about you enables us to give you the best possible service.
Contact Us: You can help by keeping us informed of any changes such as a change of address or telephone number. If you would like to access your information, if you have any questions, comments or suggestions of if you find any errors in our information about you, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated: September 22, 2016
Please carefully read this agreement which contains the terms and conditions under which you, as a promoter of an event (as defined below) may sign up for the EventShop service which facilitates custom event creation (the “EventShop service”). In order to use the EventShop service you must agree to these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions you will not be eligible to register your event for the EventShop service.
“Supporter” means a person who has created an account with EventShop, accepted the Terms of Service for Event Supports and intends to purchase tickets for Events.
“Event” means an event advertised through the Site which You have submitted pursuant to those terms outlined in Section 3 below.
“Site” means the website located at https://eventshop.com through which the EventShop service is provided and operated.
2. How the EventShop Service Works. The EventShop Service operates by having You first register for an account on the Site, and then list Your Event on the Site. If You create an Event, Supporters will be able to purchase tickets for Your Event, using the payment options described in Section 4.
3. Registration. You must register with EventShop in order to use the EventShop Service. The following three (3) steps must be completed in order for an event to become registered:
1. Create an Account. To use the EventShop Service, You must visit the Site and provide the following information: your full name or company name, main contact email address (which will be your account login) and create a password. EventShop will use Your registration information solely in connection with providing the EventShop Service, including sending you notifications as required from time to time. EventShop does not sell Supporter lists and will not disclose Your registration information unless required to do so by law.
2. Accept These Terms and Conditions. In order to activate Your registration of any event, You must click accept that you have read and agreed to these Terms and Conditions. If You fail to agree to these Terms you will not be able to create an Event or promote it on the Site.
3. Submit Your Event for Registration. To register a specific event for the EventShop Service, once You have created an account, You must click the “Create An Event” button under your profile page, which will create a unique event URL automatically. You will also be prompted to provide the following information: the name of the event, photos or/and videos, location address, a description of the event and any restrictions (i.e. if the event is only open to Supporters over the age of 18).
EventShop may remove any event for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation any event that promotes pornographic or illegal activity. EventShop reserves the right to disqualify any event that, in EventShop’s sole discretion, does not comply with these Terms and Conditions or otherwise.
4. Ticket Payment Options. Supporters may purchase tickets for Events online using credit cards or Paypal service.
5. Cancelled and Postponed Events. AS A PROMOTER, YOU AND NOT EVENTSHOP ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR NOTIFYING SUPPORTERS IF THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH AN EVENT. AS AN INTERMEDIARY, EVENTSHOP WILL NOT BE REFUNDING ANY SERVICE FEE. IF YOU CHOOSE TO PURCHASE TICKETS USING A THIRD PARTY PAYMENT PROCESSOR, THE THIRD PARTY PAYMENT PROCESSOR’S REFUND POLICY WILL APPLY, AND IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO READ ANY SUCH POLICY. IF YOU ALLOW TICKETS TO BE VALID FOR A DEFERRED DATE, ALL PREVIOUS TICKETS WILL BE CONSIDERED TO BE A NEW TICKET FOR THE DEFERRED DATE WITHOUT REFUND. ALL TICKET SALES ARE FINAL.
6. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE EVENTSHOP SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS”; BASIS AND THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WRITTEN OR ORAL, ARISING BY STATUTE, OPERATION OF LAW, COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE OF TRADE OR OTHERWISE. EVENTSHOP IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY FRAUDULENT ACTIVITIES. EVENTSHOP’S SERVICES ARE LIMITED TO PROVIDING E-TICKETS & RECEIPTS AND FORWARDING PAYMENT TO THE PROMOTER. ANY OTHER SERVICE OR PRODUCT DOES NOT INVOLVE EVENTSHOP AND OUGHT TO BE DEALT WITH DIRECTLY BETWEEN THE PROMOTER AND THE SUPPORTER. EVENTSHOP IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR IMPACT OF EVENTSHOP’S SERVICESS OUTAGE OR DISRUPTIONS SUCH AS SERVER DOWN TIMES OR APPLICATION ERRORS ETC.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL EVENTSHOP BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LEGAL EXPENSES, LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOST OR DAMAGED DATA, COST OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, LOSSES ARISING OUT OF THE SITE OR SERVICE BEING INACCESSIBLE, OR FAILURE TO REALIZE EXPECTED SAVINGS OR ANY OTHER COMMERCIAL OR ECONOMIC LOSSES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, EVEN IF EVENTSHOP HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGES, OR SUCH LOSSES OR DAMAGES ARE FORESEEABLE.
THE ENTIRE LIABILITY OF EVENTSHOP AND YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES SUPPLIED BY EVENTSHOP FOR ANY CAUSE AND REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR IN TORT, INCLUDING FUNDAMENTAL BREACH OR NEGLIGENCE, WILL BE LIMITED IN THE AGGREGATE TO THE PAYMENTS MADE BY YOU TO EVENTSHOP FOR USE OF THE EVENTSHOP SERVICE.
8. General Provisions
1. Changes to this Agreement. EventShop reserves the right to change this Agreement at any time. Minor changes will become effective immediately as will any changes required by law but any other material changes to this Agreement will become effective ten (10) days after the latest version of the Agreement is posted on the Site or notified to you by email.
2. Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is, or becomes, unenforceable, it will be severed from this Agreement and the remainder of this Agreement will remain in full force and effect.
3. Assignment. You may not transfer or assign this Agreement (whether voluntarily, by operation of law, or otherwise) or any rights conferred by this Agreement without EventShop’s prior written consent. EventShop may assign this Agreement at any time without notice. This Agreement is binding upon and will inure to the benefit of both parties, and their respective successors and permitted assigns.
4. Governing Law and Venue. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Province of British Columbia, Canada. No choice of laws rules of any jurisdiction shall apply to this Agreement. You consent and agree that the courts of the Province of British Columbia, Canada shall have jurisdiction over any legal action or proceeding brought by You arising out of or relating to this Agreement, and You consent to the jurisdiction of such courts for any such action or proceeding.
6. Refund Policy. All sales are final. There are no refunds, no cancellations, no credits, no exchanges, and no transfers after the order has been made. Unforeseen circumstances beyond EventShop control will not be grounds for a refund, including but not limited to the following: local or national weather conditions and natural disasters, waiting in lines, family and medical emergencies.
Promoters, Venue owners, Security and Event Staff have the right to refuse entry to any ticket holder, without a refund, for any reason at their discretion, including but not limited to: disorderly behavior, intoxication, venue capacity, breach of security restrictions. Ticket holder is aware that the Venue and Talent are subject to change. Ticket holder is aware that amenities promised by promoters are not guaranteed by EventShop and are not grounds for a refund, including but not limited to: VIP amenities, drink specials, gifts, express entry, special areas, celebrity guests.
7. Newsletter Subscription. By creating account on this website you agree to opt in and subscribe to our promotional newsletter.
8. EventShop service fee: We charge 5.5% of the ticket cost plus $1.50 per ticket for tickets less than $15 and $2.5 per ticket for tickets valued at $15 or more. There is no fee for free events.
9. EventShop payout methods and fees: We support two payout methods:
1. Paypal: If you select Paypal you will receive all your funds 2-5 business days after your event's end date. In order to get paid you will need to provide your paypal email address. There is no fee for Paypal payout method.
2. Stripe: If you select Stripe you will receive your funds within 7 days of each ticket sold. So you can receive payouts before your event(s) takes place! In order to get paid using this method you need to create Stripe account and provide us your account information. We charge 1.9% of the total payout amount on each transaction as a payment processing fee.
Last Updated: October 28, 2016